Status: International staff
Type of contract: short-term, category Auxiliary Staff, level 3C
Indicative starting date: November 2015
Location: Wageningen, the Netherlands
Closing date for application: 15 September 2015 or until the position is filled
1. ABOUT CTA
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international organisation of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food and nutritional security, increase prosperity and encourage sound natural resource management in ACP countries.
It facilitates access to information and knowledge; supports evidence-based, multi-stakeholder development of agricultural policies and strategies; promotes inclusive value chain development and use of ICTs; and strengthens the capacities of agricultural and rural development institutions and communities. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Partnership Agreement and is funded by the EU.
CTA has an opening for a Jr. Programme Associate within the Policies, Markets and ICTs Programme. Extension of this position beyond one year depends on the availability of project funds in 2017.
2. BACKGROUND OF THE POST
CTA wishes to recruit an ICT4Ag Associate to support the implementation of activities of its youth and ICT (ARDYIS) project, other youth in agriculture initiatives and ICT for Agriculture tasks. These include projects funded in the framework of the 2015 Youth Call for Proposals, the next edition of the Youth in Agriculture Blog Competition (YoBloCo Awards) and the AgriHack Talent initiative.
3. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the Jr. Programme Associate Youth, ICTs and Agriculture will undertake the following activities:
A) Coordinate awareness raising and networking on youth in agriculture:
- Animate and facilitate communication and networking among youth via the ARDYIS project’s various platforms (website, Facebook, Twitter, Dgroups, in French and English language);
- Facilitate the organisation of youth in agriculture thematic e-debates;
- Contribute to the launch and animation of CTA’s Youth Portal;
- Facilitate the organisation of youth-led social media reporting;
- Contribute to reporting on CTA-wide youth in agriculture activities.
B) Support the implementation of the following specific projects:
- Youth in Agriculture Blog Competition (YoBloCo Awards, third edition) to be launched in 2016 (promotion, pre-selection, online vote, networking with partners and applicants, valorisation, impact assessment, etc);
- Regional youth in agriculture meetings (contribute to concept finalisation, organise sessions, interact with participants and partners, etc);
- Projects funded in the framework of the CTA Youth Call for Proposals;
- AgriHack Talent initiative (animation of the AgriHack Community, update of website and social media spaces, fill out the monitoring templates, etc).
C) Contribute to the implementation of ICT for agriculture activities:
- Promotion of the Web 2.0 for development training as well as the dissemination of materials to partners and filling out the monitoring templates;
- Contribution to the implementation of ICT for Agriculture tasks as requested by the supervisor.
D) Contribute to project’s capitalisation and fundraising:
- Collection, identification of results and impact elements on all activities implemented;
- Drafting press-releases and activity reports;
- Inputs for the editing and production of publications;
- Identification of fundraising opportunities and, if relevant, contribution to the drafting of proposals.
4. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Education: university degree in agriculture (preferably), ICT for development, or related studies.
- Work experience: at least 3 years of relevant professional experience in the field of youth in agriculture including at least 2-year of experience in project management.
- Professional knowledge & skills:
- Good knowledge and experience in using and managing social media in the agricultural context;
- Knowledge of ICT for development issues in ACP countries;
- Experience in the organization of workshops and publications and in the animation of websites;
- A regional experience would be an advantage;
- Experience in website update, knowledge of Content Management Systems;
- Good organization, inter-personal and communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Thorough knowledge of English or French and a proven ability to work in the other language;
- Good presentation skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, to be flexible and client oriented;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Highly motivated and results-oriented;
- Enthusiasm, dynamism, creativity and innovation.
5. APPOINTMENT AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The applicants must be nationals of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States http://goo.gl/nVGU7D – and the European Union Member States).
The Jr. Programme Associate will be appointed by the Director of the CTA upon recommendation of the Selection Committee.
• Duration of the contract: 12 months.
• Gross annual income of € 32,025 mostly tax free.
• Comprehensive benefits package.
6. HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates having the relevant qualifications and experience stated in section 4, are required to send the documents listed below via email to Pascal Deleu, Human Resources Officer at HR5@cta.int
Please indicate in the ‘Subject’ of the email the title ‘Jr. Programme Associate ICT4Ag‘.
• A letter of motivation (maximum one page);
• An up-to-date CV, preferably EUROPASS format (http://goo.gl/HPuLN);
• Copies of the highest diploma/degree as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
Deadline for applications: 15 September 2015 or until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. A written test may be requested in addition to the interview.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply.